Sunday, February 5, 2012

Happy Anniversary Dear Captain

Today is our 21st wedding anniversary.... yup. THAT many!  And it is hard to believe that it has been that many.

We got married at the Grand Floridian Hotel at Walt Disney World, Orlando.  There was just us, and a lovely Justice of the Peace, named Joy (who we are still in touch with regularly) and her favorite photographer, Richard.  He was our witness.

It was a very sweet ceremony on an outdoor deck at the hotel... The Captain dropped my ring and it rolled almost to the edge of the deck!  I tease him that he was trying to get out of the whole thing!

After the ceremony and all the pictures were done, we had a couple of glasses of wine and then just the 2 of us had the most wonderful dinner at Victoria and Albert's at the hotel.  Every table has a waitress called Victoria and a waiter called Albert.  Very romantic, and the food was to die for!

So fast forward 21 years and here we are, looking back on all these fun years of exploring and travel, and looking forward to the next chapter.  Some new adventures in the works for us this year.


We have beome a pair of nomads!  It doesn't really matter where we are, home is wherever we are together...


18 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you guys!!! 21 years of love is definetly something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Time to celebrate with a yogurt pie (which looks incredible)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I loved reading this. I hope Colin and I are like you and the capt. we also got married just us two :) no other way. I loved it. I think it takes all the hype out of a wedding and really makes you focus on each other.

    I love that you went to florida. what fun! good thing the ring didnt fall ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have a great day together. 21 years is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! 21 years is amazing!!!! Your ceremony sounds really sweet and romantic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary! I love that you say that home is where you are together! Go nomads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 21 years! That's great - happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary! :) Its my dream to stay at the Grand Floridian - one day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic wedding story!! I love Walt Disney World and always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian!! Happy Anniversary to a very deserving couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your anniversary! I think low key weddings are so, so romantic. There is something so sincere about it--I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww.....happy belated anniversary. I am behind on reading my blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I am so happy for the two of you! :) Congrats! This post just makes me smile!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Belated Happy Anniversary! Wishing you guys many more wonderful years together!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!