When I was a little girl my Daddy sang and old fashioned song to me called You Are My Sunshine to me quite often. I can still hear his voice when I think of the the words to the opening few bars…
You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy when skies are grey
My 3rd birthday!
I was very honored to be almong the 10 bloggers selected to receive the Sunshine Award by Joanna at Sports Bras and Sippy Cups very recently. I read Joanna’s blog posts daily and am genuinely inspired by her hard work and her dedication to her family. And let’s face it, I love the pictures she posts, too. She is a generous spirit and I am happy to take part in the fun.
The award is circulated to those bloggers to let them know that their posts brighten your day.
1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog
2. Link to the person who nominated you
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.
Here are the questions Joanna asked, and my answers to them:
1. What made you start blogging?
I recall wanting to connect with some other runners. And I started my food blog to showcase recipes for my Weight Watchers buddies.
2. What is one of your favorite kid movies?
BAMBI is my favorite kid movie. But BRAVE takes a close second. I do love Merida.
3. If you could live in any State, where and why?
That’s a toughie as I do live in Canada. But I lived temporarily and seasonally in WA, and I do love OR., CA, and FLA. I would love to visit Colorado and Alaska one day, as well as the East Coast. I love the mountains and mountain lakes.
4. Do you prefer hot or cold weather?
As long as I can enjoy being outside, either is fine with me. I love Winter sports as much as Summer ones. I spent many happy times on ski slopes and skating rinks.
5. What is one of your favorite indulgent treats?
6. If you get a week’s vacation, all paid, where are you going?
I would be happy exploring any new place… I have always wanted to visit Greece and Ireland so one of them, I think.
7. Who has been your biggest life inspiration?
My Father comes immediately to mind. He was honest; he worked hard, loved and protected his family, had a wonderful sense of humor and a generous heart. And he was a bit of a rascal...
8. Name one thing that terrifies you.
Caves. Small spaces. Not being able to see the sky.
9. Do you have any nicknames, if so, what are they?
My Father called me Bimbo as a child. My husband calls me Squirrel.
10. If you won the lottery and was to donate part of your winnings, who would you choose to donate to?
I am a big fan of animal rescue/relief agencies.
I am going to nominate these 10 bloggers to receive this Sunshine Award - they are all blogs that I have been reading for some time and try to look at them daily:
- Marcia – Marcia’s Healthy Slice
- Rachelle – Livin’ the Sweat Life
- Christy – My Dirt Road Anthem
- Katrin – Go Goggy Go
- Jill – Lipstick and Plimsolls
- Carrie – Family Fitness Food
- Sara – Words to Run By
- Marissa – Let’s Move It Mommas
- Kyria - Travel Spot
- Lisa - Miss Rainstorm
- Best childhood memory?
- Nicest time of year?
- Favorite flower?
- Scary food you would never ever even taste?
- Zodiac sign?
- What spice would describe you?
- Snooze button or jump out of bed?
- Morning drink?
- Song that means something special to you?
- Secret crush?
I would love to know what YOUR best childhood memory is.