Friday, July 25, 2014

Early Birthday Celebrating and Faves and Raves

We are not quite in vacation mode yet, because I am working a Weight Watchers meeting on Saturday morning… but I decided today that we should start The Captain’s birthday celebrations couple of days early!

We did our Metabolic Aftershock workout this morning, and followed it up with a good stretch and then a half hour walk… met a new little bulldog friend called Lily along the way. I have met several puppies this week and that always puts a big smile on my face.

Then, back home, after our showers, and a bit of packing, we headed off on foot to our new favorite sushi restaurant where we both enjoyed delicious sushi bento box lunches.

July 25 sushi box lunch 001
Miso soup for starters… and of course a cup of hot green tea…

July 25 sushi box lunch 002
with salad, California Rolls, Salmon, Tuna and Prawn sushi…  this is the only time I ever eat rice.

The Captain loves tuna and I love salmon so we traded those pieces!

Then we walked around the Inner Harbour, picked up a few items for our trip, and then stopped at our local Starbuck’s so that The Captain could enjoy his birthday reward.  He chose a Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappucino… and I didn’t get a picture of it before he started in on it!

July 24 the birthday boy 001

Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappuccino® blended beverage
This picture is from the Starbuck's web site


It was iced coffee for me today, with a vanilla shot and fat free milk.  Lovely.  Then we came home and did some packing in earnest. I am so excited about getting away soon.

I read so many great blog posts and articles this week.  Here are the highlights:
If you check them out, please be sure to let the blogger know I sent you!

This is likely my last post before we leave on vacation so I will catch you on the road!

2 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday to the Captain!!!! I love iced coffee and will be checking out Marcia's recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen. I will pass along those birthday wishes. And I do hope you like Marcia's recipe!

      Delete

Love it when you leave me a comment!