Sunday, August 31, 2014

My September Simple RE-Start

I am so very excited for September this year... August came and went in a flurry of travel.. site-seeing, visiting old friends and shopping.  It was wonderful but very helter skelter.  I had no real focus but concentrated on transitioning from one vacation to the next.

September is traditionally a month where I knuckle down and get serious about ditching the couple of pounds I normally gain every Summer... start real workouts on a consistent basis, and enjoy running again.  I expect nothing less this year and am actually starting today!



I love the Weight Watchers Simple Start Plan... good clean eats.. lots of lean protein, freggies, lean dairy, along with a few indulgences.  And it goes hand in hand very nicely with The 21 Day Fix, which helps with portion control.  I am also tracking my macros on FitDay... I know this all sounds a bit obsessive, but I am determined!

And I also really love the Metabolic Aftershock bodyweight workouts.  They are only 15 minutes long, and then a short stretch and half-hour walk finish them off.  There are 3 workouts each week.  I feel energized and strong after I finish a session.

So these will be the backbone of my September Simple RE-Start Program... and on the 'in-between' days I want to run, play tennis, perhaps golf a bit, swim, get in some yoga and Pilates and do lots of walking.

It all begins today!  And I am very excited to get rolling...

p.s. I loved our vacation to Colorado.  

Do you have a focus for the month of September?


11 comments:

  1. Hi Elle, I'm so glad you had a nice vacation in Colorado. You know, I bought that Metobolic Aftershock program after reading about it from you, but I still haven't started it yet! I need to get my butt moving! It is only 15 minutes! I guess I need to restart in September too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! It's time for me to reset the running button, as I make my way up the mileage chart. However, I am still being cautious after my foot injury. I decided to go back to taking Spin classes too. Terrific post! Welcome Sept:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. August was very crazy for me, too -- so much so that I'm struggling to wrap my mind around the fact that tomorrow is September!! I haven't even thought about my goals for the new month (very unlike me)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elle. Vacations are wonderful but it's nice to get back home and back to routine and normal eating. I tried the 21-Day Fix. I found the container system to be more annoying than helpful. I was sure I would like the system. I do like the workouts :)

    Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your September restart! I am looking forward to detoxing from my vacation and really getting in some great training for the NYC MArathon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just back from a mini vacation so we here ya on getting back to our normal routine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vacations rock but I almost always crave routine by the time they're over. Or maybe I just wish that vacation WAS my routine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the restart goal! I need to come up with a personal goal for the month. ;0

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals! I'm with you on getting back into a routine. Can't wait to hear about your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree: August flew. Good to settle back into some sort of routine. Goal for September is to keep building toward NYCM.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow sounds like you had a great summer Elle! I'm jealous that you got to go to Colorado;) I've never been but have always wanted to visit:) Yes, September will definitely be a restart month for me too:) The boys went back to school today and I am ready to get back at it!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!