Sunday, November 6, 2016

Rechargeable Knuckle Lights Review

This product is something I have been wishing for... Rechargeable Knuckle Lights.  I eagerly read the press release that arrived in my email and then contacted them right away.  I am so happy that they sent me a pair of the new rechargeable lights to try out and review.  Honestly, I really love them!

I first became familiar with Knuckle Lights about 3 years ago, and published a review of them at that time. You can read my review about the original product here, if you like.

I have been faithfully using those Knuckle Lights every time I venture outside in the dark... whether to walk or to run... no matter how far I have to go.  We live in an urban area and sometimes the traffic seems to pay little attention to people on foot.  And the first rule of safety, I am sure, is to SEE and BE SEEN.  Knucke Lights certainly take care of me that way!

And with the new, improved version... they look after me even better.

Rechargeable Knucke Lights


These new Rechargeable Knucke Lights shine much brighter than the originals.  And, they have an extra wide beam that moves with your hands so it illuminates the entire area in front of you as you move.

When you first take them out of the package, they need to be plugged into the battery charging station and fully charged before first use.  This dock has both a wall unit and a USB unit for charging.


There are indicators on the dock that glow RED when the light unit is not fully charged.

Rechargeable Knucke Lights

And then the indicator turns GREEN when the light unit is ready to use.

Rechargeable Knucke Lights

The dock has built in overcharge protection.  This means that the light units can be stored on the dock and plugged in at all times. There is not danger of overcharging and damaging the batteries.  Very convenient. And it means they will be ready to go whenever you want to use them.

Along with walking and running in the dark, these handy light units can be used in other ways.  The Captain has discovered that one works very nicely when he is out on our deck using the barbecue. And when he is finished with it, he places it back on the dock.

Rechargeable Knucke Lights

And a short time later is is completely recharged and ready to use again.

The light units are made to be worn on the front of your hands and they have adjustable silicone straps which means you can wear them over gloves and mittens.


Rechargeable Knucke Lights

And they are fully waterproof... the unit is completely sealed... which is a real bonus for me because where I live it pretty much rains all Winter!

The lights have 3 different settings.  You can easily cycle through them with a press of your thumb on that button on the top of the unit.  There is a very bright beam, and a low beam and also a blinker. Just hold the button down for a couple of seconds to turn the light off altogether.  

I will warn you now not to look into the light when you turn it on!  That bright beam is VERY bright.

And the lights are long lasting.  The battery charge is good for 4 hours on bright, 8 hours on low and 14 hours on blink.  Lots of charge there for long runs and walks.

I should also tell you that this is an American made product. The company is based in Oregon and was founded by Dan Hopkins who is a runner himself.

I hope you will have a look at the Knuckle Lights Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/KnuckleLights/  because they have a sale on right now. But you have to act fast.  There is a code on today's post to use as at checkout in order to receive a 10%  discount on a pair of Rechargeable Knuckle Lights.

How do you stay safe when outside in the dark?

Has the time change affected your routine?

13 comments:

  1. I need something like this.
    I have a light up leash for the BLACK DOG but I need something more as that makes me look like a single thread of blue.
    NO CANINE NO HUMAN :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need to check it out. I don't own a dog but have friends who can benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair of the original Knuckle Lights, and I use them a lot. I've been doing so much "early morning" running this fall, these really come in handy. I use them also for walking the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We loved our knuckle lights during our Ragnar relay race they were a life saver

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those are really nifty! Great way to not have to carry a flashlight and a dog leash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is great. I loved my knuckle lights but not how they sucked down batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great!

    I run with a different kind of illuminated hand device. Although I confess that sometimes I go out in the dark with nothing because I don't want to be seen. I always walk a fine line between visibility and ninja camouflage LOL.

    Glad you found something that works so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite the change in them over the last three years! It's so important to be seen at night but also to see the road for yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to try these! I've heard so many great things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. cool product and review! i just attach my flashers to my shirt in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to get myself some of these! Maybe for when I do a Ragnar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, they are simply amazing and cool. I use this Knuckle Lights Rechargeable during my early morning running along with my pet Browny.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!