A few days after we arrived back from our Las Vegas getaway, The Captain opened the door to a special delivery, just for him. that doesn't happen very often here so he could hardly wait to see what was inside the carton.
A very unusual box… and when he opened it, it not only alarmed him, but revealed its bright and bold contents…
The new Saucony Triumph ISO running shoes. Very exciting!
He couldn’t wait to get them on… and he was thrilled that they fit so nicely. He has a lot of things to say about them, too. Here are the main points in his own words:
- They are so comfortable. I feel like I am wearing slippers
- I wonder how much they weigh? They are the lightest shoes I have ever put on.
- They fit perfectly. I have wide feet and there is a lot of room to wiggle my toes in these shoes.
- The laces are kinda stretchy so they snug up nicely. And the bow doesn’t slip so they stay done up.
- I was a bit thrown by the plastic eyelets but I guess that is one of the reasons the shoes are so light.
- I really like the colors. Do you like the colors? Do you think they are too bright for me?
- I like lots of cushioning and these shoes have that. They feel very soft underfoot. Running in them is comfortable… no pounding.
- ULTRA-SOFT INNER SLEEVE CRAFTED OUT OF STRETCHABLE AIR MESH
- MORPHS TO THE FOOT FOR A SOCK-LIKE FEEL
- FLOATING SUPPORT CAGE CRADLES THE FOOT
- POWERGRID+ PREMIUM CONDITIONING FOAM - 20% MORE CUSHIONING THAN STANDARD MIDSOLES
- OPTIMIZED GEOMETRY AND MATERIALS WORK WITH THE RUNNER'S STRIDE
- MAINTAINS FLUID TRANSITIONS FOR A SMOOTH RIDE
Oh yeah.. that box. Really weird.
What is your favorite running shoe these days?