Thursday, November 27, 2014

Small Stuff… Faves and Raves

I have been pretty much of a wimp since coming home from Las Vegas last week, with a terrible cold… it moved from my head into my chest and I have done little in the way of workouts since.  Lots of walking, but no running or strength training at all. My stamina is almost non-existant.  So, I rest.

The Captain on the other hand, has been out enjoying his new Saucony Triumph ISO running shoes, thanks to being involved in a FitFluential campaign… more about that next week.  But, aren’t they beautiful?

Nov 27 Saucony shoes 004

I received a nice little package in the mail yesterday with some Footlogix creme mousse.  It is an intensive care dry skin preparation for feet and I won it recently in a giveaway hosted by Janice at The Fitness Cheerleader.  Looks yummy and I know my feet are going to love it this winter.

Nov 27 Footlogix 001

I am starting to get into the holiday spirit a little… yesterday we picked up a new little artificial Christmas tree, some lights for it and a tree topper.  We can’t have a real tree in our apartment.  On the boat, we had a couple of very small trees and we used them here in the apartment for the past couple of years… but the ornaments we have been collecting are too much for them, so a larger small tree was in order.  I think we will decorate this weekend.

Some great blog posts I read over the past couple of weeks… I won’t comment on them individually… they all have good and common sense information… about things we all I need to be reminded of occasionally. 







How about you?  Any holiday spirit at your house yet?  

Does it snow where you live?

11 comments:

  1. Love the punch of color in those shoes! We get lots of snow where I live in New Hampshire. Too much ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snows where I grew up, but now that I live near the coast, we don't really get temperatures much below freezing. However, it's only a short two hour drive to the mountains! I just bought a string of lights and put them up in our window. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Other than that, we are pretty lazy about decorating around here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmm foot cream! Mine are still pretty beat up post marathon. Cannot believe it is "officially Christmas season now! It is snowing here as I type!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen that foot cream before. It snowed for a little bit the other day but didn't stick. That happens a lot around here. It's so pretty hope we get some soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. That creme looks awesome. Our feet need TLC too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No snow here & not yet into the holiday stuff.. we wait a bit - kinda too much going on right now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. I really need to get a new fake tree too. We threw ours out because it had completely had it. Last year we got a real tree, but fake ones are just so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look like really nice running shoes. The plank hold article is a VERY interesting perspective. I hold 1 minute but perhaps I am not going as hard or holding as tight as I should/could.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need that cream! Off to check out some of your links. Have a wonderful Sunday Elle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow congrats on winning the giveaway! My kids have much more hoilday spirit than me. Since I haven't started decorating yet, they've taken matters into their own hands and drew a wreath on paper and put it on the door etc. It's rather cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That foot lotion looks amazing.

    We just put our tree up yesterday. I think that's the earliest we've ever had it up. No more humbug in this house!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!