We did our Metabolic Aftershock workout this morning, and followed it up with a good stretch and then a half hour walk… met a new little bulldog friend called Lily along the way. I have met several puppies this week and that always puts a big smile on my face.
Then, back home, after our showers, and a bit of packing, we headed off on foot to our new favorite sushi restaurant where we both enjoyed delicious sushi bento box lunches.
Miso soup for starters… and of course a cup of hot green tea…
with salad, California Rolls, Salmon, Tuna and Prawn sushi… this is the only time I ever eat rice.
The Captain loves tuna and I love salmon so we traded those pieces!
Then we walked around the Inner Harbour, picked up a few items for our trip, and then stopped at our local Starbuck’s so that The Captain could enjoy his birthday reward. He chose a Caramel Ribbon Crunch Frappucino… and I didn’t get a picture of it before he started in on it!
It was iced coffee for me today, with a vanilla shot and fat free milk. Lovely. Then we came home and did some packing in earnest. I am so excited about getting away soon.
I read so many great blog posts and articles this week. Here are the highlights:
- Exercising in the 3 Planes of Motion at Mad Sweat
- I had never considered this before and it is quite interesting.
- A Recipe For Protein Iced Coffee at Marcia’s Healthy Slice
- there is a lot more to this particular blog post but this recipe was my favorite part!
- Exercise and Hydration at The Great Canadian Blog
- good tips for runners
- Why Do You Gain Weight When You Start Working Out? at Team Beach Body
- makes sense and this is something my Weight Watchers members ask me about a lot.
- 8 Stretches You Can Do Anywhere Using One Simple Prop at Team Beach Body
- I love to stretch!
- 6 Benefits of Eating Nuts at Team Beach Body
- a variety of benefits and which nuts to eat to get them.
- 15 Ways To Save 15 Minutes to Work Out at Brad Gouthro Fitness
- great ideas to save time.
- 7 On-The-Go Power Breakfasts at Itz Linz
- great tasty ideas!
- 30 Minute DIY Workout at Fitknitchick
- here is a quick way to build your own workout.
- Are You Holding Yourself Back? at Marcia’s Healthy Slice
- this is a thought provoking post.
If you check them out, please be sure to let the blogger know I sent you!
This is likely my last post before we leave on vacation so I will catch you on the road!