Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Stuff... Signs of Spring and Our Wedding Anniversary

Yesterday we went for a 2 hour walk around the neighborhood and along the strait, looking for signs of Spring. The past couple of weeks we have been noticing that some of the flowering shrubs are budding out and there are bulbs pushing up their green leaves everywhere so we grabbed the camera and went out for a walk.

Rhododendron
 

Daffodils
 

Snow Drops
 

Crocus
 

Peacocks growing new seasonal plumage.
 

Rhododendron
 

Checkerboard Lillies
 
I have to say that this is one of the reasons I love living on the Island.  Winter was its normal mild here this year with only a couple of nights of frost and no snow at all.
 
 
Tuesday is going to be our 22nd wedding anniversary... but because that is the day I am scheduled to have my permanent crown (see, I am a princess) put in place, we decided to celebrate last night instead....
 
We stayed in with some martinis, our favorite sushi, prawn and avocado salads and some candlelight and music and wine.
 
 
Why yes, I did eat some rice and drank some alcohol! 
 

 
This seating arrangement looks kind of odd but we moved the chairs so we were both facing our window wall which opens to the park... the bridge is lit up at night and it is a lovely view.
 
 
Would your prefer to go out to celebrate or do you like to stay in?
 
It is Spring in your corner of the World yet?




10 comments:

  1. I like to stay in mostly. I saw some paperwhites coming up today when I went by the garden, but I have to admit that it's always Spring in Santa Barbara. Your pictures are lovely. And 22 years is a long time - I notice you both look very happy, so congrats on your anniversary! And your dinner sounds scrumptious. Please pack it up and mail it to me!!!
    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary! And great choice of meal :)

    I haven't noticed any signs of spring yet, but it's very possible that I haven't really looked yet. Note to self - take a look at the greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love staying in! Good choice!

    HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! With many more to come...

    Great walk with some beautiful scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!

    We usually stay in. We will order some good food and watch a movie.

    It's still cold here. I cannot wait until spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE spring!! It is my favorite time of year!! We are still covered in snow!! Thankyou for sharing your pictures!! PLEASE keep em coming!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Elle for those lovely signs up spring pics! Over on the mainland, we have some snow drops that are just about to open; they just need a sunny day! You guys are always a couple of weeks ahead of us!

    Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Looks like a lovely way to celebrate.

    My hubby and I prefer to go out; more fun to celebrate without the little people complaining about the food...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This just hit my inbox so I am late - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY tomorrow but love the celebration. We don't have a lot of $$ so we stay in mostly & that is fine with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Spring!? After the big storm in the Northeast, it's funny that you guys are having such nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah! Happy Anniversary to you two - I love seeing your smiling faces! :) :) And, that is SO COOL that you get to see peacocks! We don't have those around here, and I can't imagine them just walking around like ducks or something - they are so beautiful! We stayed in for our anniversary too (well, we went to look at the stars) and it was perfect so I think I am becoming a fan of staying in to celebrate. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!