And now we are getting ready to leave for Colorado already. I have done some Metabolic Aftershock workouts, some 21 Day Fix yoga sessions, a shortish run, LOTS of walking, and lots of stretching… but I am overeating. I am excited, and stress eating. And yet not really too upset about it all because I know that when I get home at the end of the month, that I am going to spend the month of September really focussing on both my fitness and cleaning up my diet. I have a plan!
I picked up a jar of PB2 and a jar of Chocolate PB2 when we were in Portland… I have been reading about these products for so long now and just couldn’t resist when I saw them on a shelf in Target. When I first did a Whole30 (strict Paleo) in January of 2013, I gave up peanut butter in favor of almond butter… and just started eating peanut butter again a couple of months ago. I don’t feel any ill effects from it and do love the taste.
Another thing I found in the U.S. that I am really enjoying is canned sauerkraut. This one from Wal-mart is made only from cabbage and salt and water. It tastes great. Most of the sauerkrauts I find here where I live contain a lot of additives. I like it cold with ham (and sweet potatoes) or pulled pork. I understand that fermented foods are good for us so I am trying to eat more of the ones I do like.
I also found these canned Dolmas at Trader Joe’s. Now, I could give you a list as long as my arm of things I love that I can only purchase at TJ’s… but I won’t. I just wanted to share these ‘cause they are a new find for me.
The Captain mixed his into the pulled pork.
Some of my favorite posts and articles from the week:
- Building Muscle Requires Eating a Hearty Diet, Not Dieting at Workout Nirvana
- you need to eat to build muscle… great information here. And important.
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Not Care About What Other People Think of You and Live the Life You Want at Nia Shanks
- This is the philosophy I live by, stated so very eloquently here. Read this.
- 11 Foods Nutritionists Always Keep in Their Refrigerators at Women’s Health Mag
- I don’t care for the layout of this article because I find these slide shows slow and annoying… but I do eat these foods! Do you?
- What is the Importance of L-Glutamine? at The Journal of Nutrition
- This is a supplement I swear by so this was a good read for me.
- 6 Exercises to Improve Balance at Ace Fitness
- these moves are going to become part of my regular routine. How’s your balance?
And a pod cast about running marathons:
And a quote I found on Twitter:
What are you loving this week?
Is there a TJ's where you live?