Saturday, December 26, 2015

Boxing Day at Our House

In Canada, the day after Christmas is called Boxing Day... it comes from our British heritage. In the United Kingdom servants and tradesmen would receive gifts, known as a "Christmas box", from their masters, employers or customers.  I believe the holiday is celebrated in most of the British Commonwealth.

Well, at my house we have no servants,or masters for that matter, but we do have boxes!  As a matter of fact, lots of boxes... we are moving!  And starting today, I am going to be boxing up some of our apartment in preparation.

Boxes

We are not going very far... a couple of neighborhoods away... about 3 km on the car odometer and we plan to do most of the move ourselves.  Then, after the middle of the month, we have a couple of guys with a big truck coming to move the larger pieces of furniture.  We have chosen to do it over the month of January instead of all in one day.... less stress, and more time to organize on the new end.

I am excited about it... or rather, having it all done!  I am looking forward to having a new neighborhood to explore but know I will miss this proximity to the waterfront.  Mixed blessings for sure.

Yesterday... Christmas Day... we finally got out for a run! It has been so rainy and windy here over the past several weeks that I didn't want to go... we did lots of walking and have been working out at least twice a week, but no running... yesterday's 5 km really was a Santa Shuffle... slow and steady.  But it was great to get out there and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

How did you spend Christmas?  What are you up to this Boxing Day?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it when you leave me a comment!