Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thanks @chefkatelyn For Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have been looking for a holiday cookie to bake for several days... since I swore off gluten on November 20th there has been no question about indulging in all my usual Christmas favorites... shortbread, butter and mincemeat tarts, and molasses cookies.... they are all made with wheat flour and I have not had enough experience with gluten-free alternatives to start experimenting with these classics!

Several weeks ago I did make some almond flour cookies, with milled flax seed, using raisins and also peanut butter chips, that are passable, but not spectacular.  I kept looking for something a little more special and also more like REAL cookies.

So, when I came across Chef Katelyn's recipe for chocolate chip cookies, I was pretty sure I had found a winner. I have used Katelyn's recipes before and know that she only posts them when they are reliable and quite delicious!  I was not disappointed...  I used mint flavored chocolate chips in this batch and they are quite festive... I see possibilities for other seasonal addins, too... crushed candy canes, dried cranberries with white chocolate chips, for starters.

 
I wish I had taken better pictures before they all disappeared!  They could be considered vegetarian (they do have egg and butter) as well as Paleo/Primal, if that is a concern... try them if you are looking for something that doesn't have flour in it... and is GOOD!
 
Katelyn mentions that these cookies are sweet AND salty... so if you don't want the salty, leave the salt out... I enjoyed it!


2 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!! I'm so glad you liked them :) I would totally try them with mint chocolate chips too! Or butterscotch.... peanut butter chips.... OMG

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!