We took another week off our formal strength training routine and so the week went like this:
- Sunday, a 6.65 km run and then later, a 30 minute walk
- Monday, a kettlebell workout and then later, a 20 minute walk
- Tuesday, a 3.35 km run
- Wednesday, a 20 minute kettlebell workout, then later a 75 minute walk
- Thursday, a 20 minute yoga session
- Friday, a planned 5 km run
- Saturday, yet to be determined
I spent some time at the library early in the week looking at yoga DVDs to borrow. I ended up bringing home 3 different ones by Rodney Yee. I have to admit I love his voice. Have you heard him speak? So calming and soothing and velvety. We did part of one of them on Thursday morning before we had breakfast and a clean up and I went off to work. It was good. I think we will do it again. It has 5 different, short parts, so you can mix and match if you like.
Our weather has been lovely for the most part.. and this time of year I really do yearn to be sailing. One rainy afternoon we put this jigsaw puzzle together instead!
I read some really good posts this week and found some good looking recipes too… and of course when I wasn’t looking for them at all. I think I will be trying a couple very soon, though:
- Creamy Strawberry Coconut Fruit Dip at Fit Foodie Finds
- Learning to Maintain Gut Health and Gluten Free Living at Cotter Crunch
- 5 Tips to Stop Emotional Eating at Go Fit Gals
- Boost Marathon Performance With a Walk at Running to the Finish
- The Difference Between Building Muscle and Building Strength by Workout Nirvana at Cotter Crunch
- How Long Does it Take to See the Results of Exercise? at Fitknitchick
- Why the Spring Diet is Perfect for Healing Candida at Mommy Run Fast
- 3 Top Ways to Add Fun to Your Workouts by Thinking Outside the Sandbox
And last, but not least:
- a video - How to Make a Delicious Protein Ice Cream Blizzard (no sugar added) by Brad Gouthro of Live Lean TV
I am coloring hard boiled eggs for The Captain this afternoon with this little kit I found at the $$ store.
Any special Easter traditions at your house? Do you like to color eggs, too?