Although we kept our sailboat moored in a lovely small town about 20 km North of the city for 12 years, and did some house and pet sitting in the surrounding area, we have only actually lived in the city of Victoria for 2 years. We really have seen so very little of it. It is full of museums and historic sites, lovely parks, restaurants, and a wide variety of tourist attractions and activities. People come from all over the world to see this beautiful part of B.C. It is about time I get out and see more of it for myself.
This month my goal is to explore from 3 to 5 new places each week. I am looking to investigate some tourist attractions, some new hikes, some beautiful parks, new running routes, and to enjoy some restaurants and coffee shops I haven’t been to yet.
May is my birthday month… and we had considered a trip South to Portland, OR for site-seeing and shopping, but I have decided I would rather stay on the Island and be a tourist in my new home town.
Horse-drawn carriages in front of the Provincial Legislature grounds
Whale-watching tours from the Inner Harbour
And to take that a step further, I am going to make a point of experiencing as many other new things as I can this month, too. I hope to find some new recipes, new breakfast ideas, new workouts, new books... so stay tuned as I share what I am finding and getting up to!
This week I read some really good blog posts… here are a few of them that I hope you might enjoy as well:
- The "I Don't Want to Work Out But I Know I Need to" Workout Solution by Nia Shanks
- 7 Ways to Ease Muscle Soreness at Run Wiki
- How to Prevent Colds and Illnesses After Racing and Running Long at International Association of Women Runners
- Working Balance Into Strength Training at Cotter Crunch
- 7 Reasons Runners Struggle to Lose Weight at Mommy Run Fast
- 10 Running Myths That Need a Makeover at Outside Online
- How to Transition From Run/Walk Intervals to Running at Running With Ollie
How well do you know the area you live in?
Have you ever visited your local tourist attractions to see what they are all about?