October is breast cancer awareness month so I guess it is fitting that I got this reminder card in the mail recently… our provincial health care plan pays for women in a certain age group to have free mammograms every year… and they send out reminders to have them done.
I will get to it, soon, but honestly it’s never my favorite appointment.
We have been enjoying a couple of new teas lately… the Mulled Apple is particularly nice in the evening after dinner, and takes the place of dessert quite nicely. The Captain doesn't have caffeine after dinner time, so I share a pot of herbal tea with him and then have a cup of coffee before I go to bed.
On Tuesday I shared a DRIP DROP packet with The Captain before we set out for a 20 minute walk to the tennis court mid-morning. We played 60 minutes of sweaty, hard, fast-paced singles, then changed into dry shirts and socks before walking the 20 minutes home. We drank about 1/2 of a litre of water each during that time and I am thrilled to report that my legs felt great all day.. no tingling or cramping at all.
Last week we shared a packet of DRIP DROP after we got home from our tennis match when my legs were already feeling quite tired and my toes were cramping from salt depletion… and about 20 minutes later I was feeling good again. I am sold on the benefits of this medical grade electrolyte drink, and I am so thankful that they took me on as am ambassador and sent me some product because I cannot purchase it in Canada… if you are interested and live in the U.S. or are close enough to cross-border shop, it is available at Walgreens and CSV.
This is Goodlife Fitnness marathon weekend in Victoria… and we are volunteering at the race expo again this year… we will be giving out shirts to the race entrants tonight and I am quite excited about it. It is always fun to see how excited and eager everyone is. Lots of positive energy and buzz. And I understand our volunteer’s shirts are really nice this year, too… can’t wait!
I just received an order from Vega… they are offering their nutritional shake single serving packets at a really good price right now because they are clearing out of them. I like to have single serving packets to take along when we travel so decided to try Vega. I have never had it but I know lots of you like it… so decided to give them a try. Actually, I bought 4 boxes of Vanilla Chai and 4 of Chocolate so I hope they are good! I think I will have one this afternoon before I head out to my shift at the marathon expo.
Here are some of the great posts I found this week:
- 3 Powerful Mindset Shifts for Achieving an Enviable Physique at Workout Nirvana
- Another awesome piece of advice from Suzanne Digre. I really urge you to read this post.
- 6 Reasons You’re Not Seeing Results Despite Doing “Everything Right” at Your Trainer Paige
- Great tips and some may surprise you.
- 7 Ways to SHRED That Unwanted Body Fat at Tommy Europe Fitness
- Tommy tells it like it is. I used to love his tv shows. He is a no-nonsense trainer.
- Dynamic Stretches and When Runners Should Use Them at Mommy Run Fast
- Laura demos 5 different stretches to use before running.
- 5 Simple Strategies to Start and Maintain Your Home Yoga Practice at Love Life Surf
- Christine states it very nicely.
Are you a Vega fan?
Do you have mammograms?