It has been a really good week of eats and workouts… and some other fun things. Here are some of the highlights…
The Captain and I both volunteered at the GoodLife Fitness Marathon expo last Friday afternoon/evening, passing out shirts to the race entrants. It is always such a fun experience as everyone is excited about their upcoming race and full of energy.
We got nice volunteer shirts this year… I have actually worn mine already… they are roomy and a very soft technical fabric. This is front and back.
My Sweat Pink swag arrived… and I immediately laced up my indoor workout shoes. And, I have already been passing along pink shoelaces to friends and acquaintances.
I tried the Vanilla Chai nutritional shake mix from Vega One that I purchased last week… it’s an odd color but I loved the taste. And it really kept me satisfied for several hours. I will definitely be packing some of these in my suitcase when we head to Vegas in a couple of of weeks. Now to try the Chocolate….
I picked up some new frozen yogurt bars this week… Chapman’s is a Canadian company so I was pleased to find them locally. They are delicous… and just the right size when you want just a wee bit of creamy sweetness…. they also come in Strawberry and Tiger Paw as well as chocolate-dipped. Yes, please!
It was Thanksgiving in Canada on Monday so of course we went for a nice long walk before sitting down to a lovely turkey dinner… with a stop at Starbuck’s for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, non-fat no whip. Such a beautiful day. We wore our rain jackets to start out but ended up in just shirt sleeves for the walk home. Funny, it seems lately when go out prepared for rain it doesn't happen!
I have been reading some very good blog posts and articles… here are my recommendations this week:
- The Difference Between Toning Muscle & Building Muscle: Woman's Guide To Strength Training at Lifting Revolution
- This is a really helpful and informative explanation. Taylor nails it and offers suggestions for exercises as well.
- Ways to Measure Body Fat at Running Rachel
- Rache had her body fat measured 3 different ways and talks about the experience. Interesting and informative.
- Fat Loss 101: The Only 2 Things You Need to Know at Workout Nirvana
- Once again, Suzanne gets to heart of the matter.
- The Only 6 Exercises You Really Need at Go Fit Gals
- I do most of them. Do you? And no, there are no burpees on this list...yay.
Do you take most of your pictures with your phone or a camera?
Android or iphone or Windows 8.1? Which model?