Friday, July 18, 2014

FIXING it Up… Faves and Raves


I fell flat on my face this week and pretty much completely blew the 3rd week of my 21 Day Fix eating plan… I am not going to make any excuses or go into the gory details.  I failed. Major.  So, starting tomorrow (yes Saturday, odd I know) I am getting back on the wagon and plan to FIX my shortcomings… I have a full week before we head to Portland to make a good showing.

On the exercise front, though, I have had a stellar week.  I got in 3 hard and sweaty Metabolic Aftershock workouts and followed each one up with a speedy walk.  I started phase 2 this week so the workouts were new and each one of the 3 zeroes in on a different  area of the body…and works it to fatigue.  I am getting kind of tired of the leader yelling at me, but I do love the workouts.  15 minutes flies by, and then we stretch, hydrate, grab a piece of fruit and head out for a walk.  I am loving the endorphins and am ready to take on anything the day throws at me after one of these workouts.

We also played singles tennis twice this week, did some swimming, and walked after dinner in the evening several times as well.  My tennis game is coming along nicely and I do really enjoy it very much. The walk to the tennis courts we like takes about 20 minutes, then after we play we take a longer, ocean-side route home that takes about 40 minutes.  All in all a nice outing.  I make sure to pack dry socks to change into for both of us, and a dry shirt for The Captain, too.  Putting dry socks on just feels so good, don’t you agree?

A nice package arrived early this week… I won a Pure Via Summer Fit Kit in a giveaway from Sarah who writes Creating a Great Today and an Even Better Tomorrow.  I am really enjoying this Lipton’s intant tea… iced, and with lemon and Stevia to sweeten. I had forgotten how refreshing iced tea can be in the hot weather!


July 13 Pure Via 001

I read some really good articles this week… check them out:

Anything special happen for you this week?


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are killing it on the workout front! I used to play tennis almost daily as a kid but now I couldn't tell you the last time I played. Thanks for the lemon vs salt shout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had someone to play tennis with! My mom and I used to play on a league years ago and I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Setbacks happen. It's good to hear that you are not making excuses OR beating yourself about it; just moving forward! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!