It seems I have spent a few hours online firming up our travel plans… we are heading to Portland, OR by car at the end of the month. I have booked us a week there to celebrate The Captain’s birthday… and of course I have plans to visit Trader Joe’s and fill up the car before we head home. There may also be trips to Voodoo Donuts... yikes! I just saw a picture of one iced with maple frosting and covered in bacon.
And a couple of weeks after we get back from that trip, we are heading to WA and then on to Colorado by plane… a week with boating friends who have kindly offered to tour us around, and then back to WA for a few days of R&R before coming back to the Island again. It's a big deal when we get off the Island so going to make the most of it.
So, lots of planning and organizing and I think it mostly done!
But I have also had a good week on the exercise front… we have done the scheduled 3 sessions of our Metabolic Aftershock program, some running, lots of walking, a swim, and some yoga, too. We tried the yoga workout that came on the 21 Day Fix DVDs and quite enjoyed it.
I am doing well with the eating plan.. haven’t followed it to the letter as I had originally planned but I am finding it to be an adequate amount of food and a good assortment as well. Overall, I think it is a sensible plan and am quite pleased with it. I have lost 4 pounds and that is a nice bonus. I am going to stay with it till we leave for Portland.
This box of Detour Smart Bars arrived a couple of days ago and The Captain is quite taken with them.
The package was delivered by courier and the box of bars was wrapped in a thermal bag along with 5 or 6 gel-ice packages. They had melted but were still cool. I am so impressed with this delivery… these bars are not supposed to fall below 70 degrees F and the company that sent them wanted to make sure they arrived in good shape! And more kudos to them because this is an American company who doesn’t normally even send to Canada, but the blogger who hosted the giveaway I won, insisted I get them, so they did. I won’t embarrass her by naming her here… but extra thanks to her as well.
I got another shipment from North Coast Naturals this week too.. lots more of their protein powders, and nutritional supplements to try. Love this Canadian company. I have been having a first-thing-in-the-morning cocktail of Fermented L-Glutamine and lemon water for several weeks now, and just recently The Captain has started having one with their Daily Greens mixed with water. Great healthy way for us to start our day. They aren’t pretty, but they are tasty!
The fresh blueberries here are so wonderful this year! I cannot seem to get enough of the big plump deliciousness! I have been eating them with everything… including this breakfast scramble…. Yummmers.
The weather is spectacular here this week… we are enjoying a hotter and drier Summer than normal so taking advantage of it by being outside as much as we can … today at lunch we are walking downtown to enjoy a feed of fresh raw oysters at our favorite oyster bar overlooking the harbour… See you later!
- A Simple Tip to Burn an Extra 630 Calories at Brad Gouthro Fitness
- This is something I am making more of an effort to do… bet you are too.
- Why Motivation Doesn’t Make Lasting Changes at Girls Gone Strong
- Mindfulness is much more effective apparently.
- Yoga Pose of the Day: Ear Pressure Pose at Life as a Running Mom
- I love this pose. Do you?
- 5 Tips For Navigating Your Farmer’s Market at Miss Zippy
- Great tips. I love our local farmer’s markets.
- 4 Reasons to Eat Ferments Foods at Mommy Run Fast
- Some of these are my favorites… you?
- Pre-Strength Training Warmup at Fitknitchick
- Some good moves and reasons to do them.
- How To Increase Blog Traffic Using Pinterest at Running With Ollie
- Good ideas here, Are you a Pinterest fan?
- 7 Quirky Exercise Options When Travelling at Fun and Fit
- I intend to use some of these on my upcoming vacations.
Do you like raw oysters?
How do you stay active on vacation?
p.s. don't forget to enter my Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder Giveaway.