Friday, September 26, 2014

Loving it or Not…It’s Fall

This picture appeared in my Twitter feed earlier this week and I just had to share it with you… did you see it too?

Twitter

We had a lovely, unusually hot and dry Summer here on the South end of the Island and it came to a sudden halt on the first day of Fall when it rained for the first time in ages… since then I have noticed some real changes.

Loving

Even though it has been rainy on and off over the past few days, it is still quite warm.  And I finally got myself some new rain gear. Couldn’t decide between 2 colors of this Eddie Bauer jacket… so I got them both!

Sept 26 003

Not

The days are noticeably shorter already. I came out of my Weight Watchers meeting at just after 7 p.m. yesterday and it was dark outside already.  And still dark at 6 o-clock this morning.

Loving

All kinds of squash are finally in all the local markets in great abundance… and the prices are gooood.. anywhere from 59 cents to 99 cents for a pound.  YAY!  I have been enjoying them a lot as The Captain came home with a couple of bags full of acorn, kabocha, and butternut squashes.

Sept 26 002

Not

Sweet potatoes and yams are still around the $1.99 point.  That is just wrong. They should be so much less by now.

Loving

Some of my favorite tv shows are back on and started this week… the Biggest Loser has as interesting twist this season with pro athletes as contestants; Parenthood looks like another great season coming up with Amber pregnant, and Julia with a new beau.

Not

TV can be such a huge time suck. I end up watching more than I want to…

And on another note… 

This book arrived in my mail box this week and from what I have seen so far, I love it.  It has such good information in it for anyone wondering about gluten-free living and has easy recipes that you will really use… a couple of which are mine!

Sept 26 001

Here are a couple of  things I found on the internet this week that I really loved:


This one’s a recipe:

Is it Fall where you live yet?  What’s your favorite thing about it?

12 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to check out Parenthood since everyone says it's so good. At least now it's on its last season so it will ALL be on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall! Although today it's 80 degrees. I'm confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our summer was on the cool/wet side but what heat we had abruptly came to an end a couple of weeks ago. Knock wood, our weather has been spectacular. But oh the dark mornings....and early darkness too. I'd love some ideas for squash as I've got loads in the garden. That is a very high price for yams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fall! I'm loving the cool mornings and the sunny afternoons (most days). I don't watch TV, so I don't have that particular time suck in my life. Now if I could just say good bye to Facebook...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is definitely Fall where I am and while I love the temperature - I am sick already. I mean literally hacking, sneezing and coughing with a congested head! Tuesday I went for a run and could already feel the tickle in my throat. It was 55 degrees outside at 5:15 am. We went running anyway but I figured I was doomed. That is a beautiful Fall picture. That is my favorite time of year actually.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE early Fall, but late fall (November/December) is UGLY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fall! Love yoru list of loves/nots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had fall days and not so fall days, I am personally clinging to every last hot day! I love Parenthood and so sad that this is the last season.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been noticing the shorter days as well. My least favorite part of my favorite time of year.

    I can't wait to stock my freezer full of fall soups!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love autumn colors - I miss that from my young east coast days!!!!

    YES, the shows are back & we DVR like crazy!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fall weather and changing colors have been creeping in for the past few weeks. I love everything about it! I don't watch TV for that exact reason. It will suck you in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for including my post Elle! I'm so excited for my favorite shows to be back on too! Not so excited about the noticeably shorter days. I need my sunshine! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!