I got in a couple of shortish runs this week. Was great to get the running shoes on and get out pounding the pavement after not having run for just over a month. I took it slow and easy, but thoroughly enjoyed myself. And now that I am using DRIP DROP powdered electrolytes before running and I am not having any leg cramping, AT ALL, I have decided to become an ambassador for the product.
I am still taking the fermented L-Glutamine in the morning, and my Natural Calm magnesium powder before bed, and I think this medicinal grade electrolyte mix might just be the piece that was missing for me. And it tastes good, too.
I made up a new smoothie after our last run. Here’s the recipe. It is so easy and just delicious! We have been getting wonderful, flavorful peaches here this season and I can’t seem to get enough of the taste. Next time I might use a whole peach in each smoothie, instead of just half.
Ginger Peach Smoothies
- 1-1/2 cups original unsweetened Almond Breeze
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 peach, peel and pit removed, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger root
- Put almond milk, protein powder and peach into blender bottle and puree till smooth.
- Pour into 2 glasses and sprinkle 1/2 tsp grated ginger root over each.
I just found out that I am now a Sweat Pink Ambassador! I am very excited to be part of this fun group and can’t wait to start giving out pink shoelaces and getting involved with their promotions and events.
I came across some really good blog posts this week:
- Bedtime Yoga Poses at Reason to Play
- I had never thought about doing this before but I do intend to try it.
- Vacation Time? Running Tips While Travelling at Crazy Running Girl
- Some things to think about… I got lost going running from a hotel in a strange city once.
- 5 Ways to Increase EPOC aka Workout Afterburn at Your Trainer Paige
- Very timely for me as I am concentrating on Metabolic Aftershock workouts that are body weights only
- 4 Tricks to Maintaining Your Weight Loss at Go Fit Gals
- Common sense but good reminders anyway
- Is Running Different For Men and Women? at Run to the Finish
- good information here with a bit of a feminist slant
- 5 Ways to Counter Inflammation From Running at Mommy Run Fast
- And I am trying to do all of them… how about you?
- Failing Doesn’t Equal Failure at Live Travel Eat Run
- such a good thing to remember… don’t be so hard on yourself!
- Good Job, Chubby at The Tiffany Project
- Such a feel good story that could have had a very sad ending.
Here are a couple of good looking recipes I found:
- Cosy and Warm Drinks For Fall at fitfluential.com
- Lots of great ideas and they aren’t all pumpkin!
- Turkey, Butternut Squash and Kale Muffins at Gigi Eats Celebrities
- Gigi calls them TURBUTKLES… how do you even say that?
All in all an interesting and happy week.
What’s making you smile lately?