I played my first tennis match this week in these ASICS tennis shoes that I got in Portland at the end of July. They are wonderful… so supportive and comfy and I almost hated to take them off. Love the color, too. I have never had real tennis shoes before, only used-up running shoes.
Do you recall the ToiletTree Professional Skin Care System that I raved about last Spring? You can read that review here if you are interested… well, they just sent me a Storage/Travel case for it along with a set of replacement brushes. Awesome. I love these brushes and use them a lot. The case a nice finish to the set and will make storing it much easier… and travelling with it, too.
I am thrilled that my friend Kate did a guest post on my food blog this week…she shared her Bright Green Lettuce Soup with me and it is fabulous. Check it out, won’t you?
On my September Simple RE-Start front… I am struggling with night time snacking so have taken a book out of the library called the 21 Day Sugar Detox, to see if I can get some ideas from it. I know some of you are fans. I need to be a bit more disciplined. But, I am getting in lots of exercise and I am happy about that. I am doing things I really love and it makes all the difference when it feels like play.
Our fabulous warm and dry Summer weather is lingering… I am so happy to be still able to go out in sleeveless shirts and shorts… even if I am now prepared with the proper gear for rain. I am feeling kinda bad for family and friends who are living with early cold temps and freak snowstorms…. also the peacocks, who lose their tailfeathers this time of year.
Here are some great finds from around the internet this past week:
Let’s start with a utube vid:
- Release your tight hamstrings & strengthen your core with this pose at XEN Strength
- this is a yoga pose with a twist
- 10 Easy Kitchen Fixes That Will Drop the Pounds at Go Fit Gals
- making some changes that will help you reach your nutrition goals
- 4 Tips For Easy Lifestyle Changes at Workout Nirvana
- Suzanne is truly a mind reader – I bet you will agree
- 6 Skincare Secrets at Her Heartland and Soul
- Erin has some good advice here and a giveaway as well
- DELTS! Train Them With These Exercises at YourTrainer Paige
- Paige says these are the best exercises for building your shoulders
- The Fitness Mindset at The Get In Shape Girl
- Kyra talks about visualization in this post
- How To Get in Your Workout First Thing in the Morning at Livin’ the Sweat Life
- Rachelle offers some good tips to help get you moving early
- 5 Ways to Stay Creative and Generate Ideas at Love, Life, Surf
- Sometimes writers run out of ideas. Here are a few tips to get your juices flowing.
- Gluten Free (Paleo & Vegan) Pumpkin and Fig Bread Pudding. Plus Why We Might Need Carbs During Fall Season at Cotter Crunch
- several variations, too
- In Honor of Mesothelioma Day on September 26th by Heather Von St. James
- perhaps this is something you would like to support as well
What are you loving lately?