Some tidbits from the week:
- The Captain and I have just finished up 6 weeks of strength training together and I am really happy about the way it has been going. We are both making good progress. I decided we should take a break and do some different forms of resistance exercise this next week, just to keep things interesting… kettlebells, tabatas… and then I am going to change our program to start again the following week.
- I just won a one-month membership at GoodLife Fitness in a giveaway. I am so excited about that – I had one last Spring, too, and used it to participate in some classes I really liked… Body Pump, Flow Yoga, Body Flow, and Spinning, so I plan something similar this time out as well.
- I joined Chivon John’s Self-Love Academy that began on Februray 3rd.. sorta fell in line with my own decision to make February my Self-Care month. This was in my email from Chivon today…
- I have not run this week and I am blaming the weather. Honestly you would think that someone who lived and enjoyed outdoor activities at -25C to -35C for so many years wouldn't be such a wimp, but this -5C feels so cold here to me now. I have not even gone for a walk.
- I am reading this book again... it seems to be a great source of advice for me for both my workouts and my food plan
At the beginning of the month I made up a list of things to accomplish during the first week with regard to my Self-Care focus. And I have managed to do MOST of them. Here is how it went…
My list for the first week of the month:
1. Make an appointment with a hair stylist
So I got the hair cut! And I am pretty happy with it… I think that the bangs could be a bit shorter and more ragged, but I am going back in a couple of weeks to have them trimmed up and will look after that then.
I am getting a handle on the bedtime routine. I am actually getting to it earlier in the evening so that I have no excuses! And I know that once I have my teeth professionally cleaned it will be more of an incentive to keep it up.
3. Do a self-manicure
Have been very good about looking after my hands this week… the weather has been cooler and much MUCH drier than we are used to here, so I put a single coat of clear polish on my nails after I files them, and I have been making sure to use lots of lotion after all the hand-washing I do! My nails feel thin and weak right now so I am keeping them filed quite short.
4. Call the dentist and make an appointment for a check-up and for hygiene
FAIL! I called the dentist’s office this morning, because they used to be open on Saturdays… only to find they will be closed till Tuesday morning next week. (It’s FAMILY DAY here on Monday). So this gets carried over to next week.
5. Re-establish lime water habit first thing in the morning
There is no excuse for me not to do this. The Captain not only buys the limes for me, every morning he washes one and squeezes it for me, too. Yes, I am drinking my lime water every morning!
6. Clean out makeup box and replace any items that are old
FAIL. No excuses; I forgot. I just have not done this yet. Another carry over to next week.
Challenge for the week:
Take care of hair, makeup and clothing before leaving the apartment for any reason!
I am quite happy to report that I have not gone out this past week, EVEN ONCE, without making sure my hair and makeup were done, and that I have chosen an outfit, even if it was just jeans and a nice sweater.
So, for the next week here is my list of things to accomplish:
1. Call the dentist!
2. Clean out the makeup kit and purchase replacements.
3. Do a self-pedicure.
4. Review/revamp food plan
Do you need to make these little lists to remind yourself to take care of YOU, too?