Sunday, March 16, 2014

Checking Out the ToiletTree Products Professional Oral Irrigator

The opportunity to try out and review this   ToiletTree Products Professional Oral Irrigator could not have come at a better time for me.

You probably recall that I finally visited my dentist and dental hygienist in February, after having put it off for a couple of years while waiting to see if my immune system was healthy enough.  Once I got the go-ahead from my immunologist, I made an appointment for both a dental checkup and dental hygiene… and came away vowing to do a bettter job of keeping my teeth clean myself. I have been faithfully brushing and flossing, especially before turning in for the night.

So when this ToiletTree Products Professional Oral Irrigator arrived, I was anxious and very excited to give it a try… I plugged it in right away and left it for 8 hours to fully charge the battery.


Oral Irrigator 1



Oral Irrigtor 2

The first time I used it I was a bit nervous about the possibility squirting water all over me and the bathroom counter… but it was for naught. This tool is very easy to use, and control. And it is also very easy to care for.

It is light and fits comfortably in my hand. 


Oral Irrigator 3


The irrigator has an off/on button, and three different modes of spray… Normal, Soft, and Pulse.  And what a great job it does!  I just run the nozzle along my gum line, upper and lower, and it easily removes any bits of food caught between my teeth… I do tend to have problems with this, especially when I eat meat, and this great tool takes care of that easily… better than floss, and more safely, I think, than a toothpick.   And the pulse mode offers a nice massage to the gums.

The Oral Irrigator comes with 2 nozzles, so that you have a spare, or one for a second family member, and battery charger. It is fairly compact so doesn’t require a lot of storage space.


Oral Irrigator 4

My conclusion… this is a wonderful addition to my dental care regimen and I certainly intend to keep using it.  And yes, I did give the second nozzle to The Captain, so that he could try the Oral Irrigator, too.  He has  been faithfully using it a couple of times a day, usually right before he brushes his teeth.

I am so glad to have this new device in my dental care tool kit!

If you are wondering if this oral irrigator might be for you, check out this article. It has lots of technical information and is quite interesting, too.

Of course you realize that I was given this ToiletTree Products Proffesional Oral Irrigator at no cost to me, but the opinions and enthusiasm are genuine and my own.

Have you ever tried an oral irrigator?

Do you have a dental hygiene regimen that you follow or are you kinda hit and miss?

4 comments:

  1. um
    so
    we already both know I NEEEEED need this ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never tried an oral irrigator before... i'm a strict brush & floss kinda girl haha but i do get my teeth cleaned twice a year - tomorrow is my next apt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only tried one of these at the Dentist!! But this post just reminded me to stick some coconut oil in my mouth! ;) #oilpulling - lmfao!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need one of these with my bad teeth no matter what I do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!