Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Favorites this week


I have read so many great blog posts this week and wanted to share some that really stand out to me… I am always interested in workout advice and food tips… so here goes… hope you find something interesting here, too.

Here are my 7 favorite blog posts of the week:

And I also want to share 2 books I am thoroughly enjoying right now.
 
The first is called  Ultimate Booty Workouts   and was written by Tamara Grand, who blogs at fitnknitchick.   There has been a lot of buzz around this book already and if you haven’t seen it yet, you really need to get your hands on it.  I know you can find it here on Amazon.  
 
Feb 14 goodies 002
 
Due to some exercise commitments that I had already taken on before I got my own copy of this book, I have not been able to start Tamara’s workouts… but I plan to do just that.  Great background information and detailed workouts, all with lovely and helpful illustrations.  It is an easy, interesting and informative read… now to just do it!
 
The other is a cookbook called Cooking With Coconut Oil  by Elizabeth Nyland, who blogs at Guilty Kitchen and it was was also just recently released.
 
March 7 Stuff 002
 
Elizabeth gives lots of background about the health benefits of coconut oil and some great tips.  The recipes are ones you will actually make. I love this book.  You will too, I know it.  It is also available at Amazon and you can find it here.  It is also available for Kindle.
 
Both of these women live in my Canadian province, British Columbia.  I am so excited for their achievement of having published these books, and want them to be wildly successful so they will continue in their work and share more with all of us.
 
I am not an Amazon affiliate, I just wanted to make it easy for you to read about and find these books if you are interested. I am sure there are other sellers as well.
 
What did you find this week that you would like to share?

14 comments:

  1. Tamara's book looks great- I could use a little tightening there! Off to check off the gluten-free cheat sheet. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready to take this scrawny booty to ultimate booty! Yeehaw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to go deconstruct my cravings, right now! I wonder what a SALT TOOTH means, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of good links! i love coconut oil and cooking with it so that cookbook looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for some great reading links. I used the cooking with coconut oil book last night to make supper and it was a hit, the curried cauliflower steaks are amazing, my kids weren't that impressed but my husband and I practically licked the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for some great reading links. I used the cooking with coconut oil book last night to make supper and it was a hit, the curried cauliflower steaks are amazing, my kids weren't that impressed but my husband and I practically licked the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of posts (I read many of them this week) and books, too. I really need to get Tamara's book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely a great round up!!! Ohh I should checkout the coconut oil book, I keep looking at my jar and pondering it

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite find this week was Mindy Kaling's Instagram account! Instagram.com/mindykaling -- it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great list of blogs to share - I'm going to have to make sure I read them all! Have you seen the "Oh She Glow's cookbook yet? It's on my list of books to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list of blog posts, I'm going to have to catch up on these ones! Have you seen the Oh She Glow's cookbook yet? It's on my list to buy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great round up. Off to click through your links :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am crazy about that coconut oil book! I've been wanting to use CO in cooking more and now I know how, Such amazing recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!