Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Tune Up!

On the weekend I made a commitment to join Jess's Marathon Weight Loss Challenge... and was pleased to find that Jess stated a Facebook Fan page for the group of people who have signed up.  I think she has almost 500 people taking part.  Amazing!

I had already committed to doing a workout every day in June, and drinking hot lemon water to begin each new day... and am pleased to say that I have been true to that goal so far.

I am continuing to run, although much less right now, and am looking to other activities to shake things up and re-energize me. I am having fun coming up with new things to do each day.

Here are some of the things I have been doing so far this week...

On Sunday I was hoping to get in a run, but it was so windy outside I just blew it off.  The Captain and I went for a brisk 90 minute walk along the Strait, then through the park, and then after lunch, I did 20 minutes with my Reebok 10 lb. kettlebell and then 10 minutes of Level 2 of the Power Sculpt DVD.  It has a really intense ab section and I love it.



On Monday we spent the morning shopping - stocking up the fridge with freggies.... we also went to Costco and found some great new things to try.  I love Costco when we go only once every few months!  After lunch I got out my 30 Day Shred DVD and 5 lb dumbbells and went to work on Level 1.  Love that workout and I particularly like yelling at Jillian!


Image Detail

And today we spent the morning on board the sailboat again, doing yet more cleaning and polishing!  After lunch at home, I got out my yoga mat and a towel and went to work on Brad Gouthro's LIVE LEAN total body workout.

I watched the demo vlog that Brad did to show how to perform and modify the moves, and I am glad I did, because I really needed the modifications!  If you are interested in a workout that doesn't require any equipment, but that will kick your butt, I really suggest you try this one.


Core & Conditioning Workout Circuit


The moves are not complicated, but they are tough! And effective.  It took me about 35 minutes to complete the whole circuit, not including my own warm up and cool down stretching.  I am definitely going to be doing this again and will keep working at improving my form.

I hate lunges
I hate burpees
I hate planks

But I am doing them because they work!  My arms were shaking by the time I was done this workout and I just know that my shoulder muscles are going to be growing while I sleep tonight!


Not sure what the rest of the week will bring, but I have signed up for a Welcome to Summer virtual 5 km Run so I think we will do it on Saturday...


Have you done anything to shake up your workout routine lately?

Do you get bored if you do the same workouts regularly?

10 comments:

  1. Great job trying Brad's workout. I really need some good home workout routines. I'm going to check it out.

    Good luck with the challenge. You're off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed the Live Lean Workout Circuit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do get bored of the same workouts so I like to switch it up. Which can be adding a fitness class in once a week to keep my workouts alive.

    I love Jillian's 30 Day Shred! Such a great workout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do get bored. I just told the calendar group I may not be participating over July and August. I really want to sign up for a half and start training, making only tues and thurs my strength days.

    I'm totally getting that 30 day shred. I 've heard nothing but great things about it

    ReplyDelete
  5. The live lean workout circuit looks like a tough one but a great workout! You can never go wrong with Bob and/or Jillian in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had my first try at burpees getting ready for Warrior Dash...seems like they should be easy, but after a couple, not so easy:) Same with lunges and holding a plank. Nice job switching it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are ON IT with all of your workouts! Way to go, Elle! I have yet to try Jillian's DVD but I hear so many amazing things about it. I'm doing James Wilson's program as you already know but I did do that Gamechanger workout with my Tough Mudder team a couple weeks ago and that was amazing! Really shook things up!

    I hate lunges more than anything.. no matter what, they always feel awkward for me even though my form is dead on. I had the same issue with burpees but now I sort of love them! We are starting to get along :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate burpies and planks too. Don't mind lunges soooooo much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to try a kettle bell workout. Seems like it's the lastest craze, I should just jump on the bandwagon and try it:) I am with you on the burpees:) I am feeling a bit like I need a change of pace on my workout routine. I need to shake things up a bit. Especially since the boys get out of school next week.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!