Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No Workout for Me Today

No workout for me today, unless you call packing a workout... perhaps...

We are moving off the boat early tomorrow morning for a month-long house sit in the City.  I am kind of excited about it - we will have a FREEZER there so that means different eats.  I can do some baking, too, and not worry about eating it all the same day!

Today I am obsessed with the blackberries we picked yesterday afternoon.

Stirred some into my morning oats as they cooked...


Aren't they pretty?


and then tossed a few more on the top with some yogurt.

And for lunch, I put a handful on top of my salad...


Mixed greens, onions, mushrooms, tuna, blackberries, with lemon poppyseed dressing.

So delicious and sweet.

A very big 'thanks' to Vanessa at Gourmet Runner for trying my Honey-Glazed Peaches and blogging about it... and also linking back to my food blog post.  So nice of you to do that and I am thrilled that you liked them.  Your pictures are beautiful. 

I found peaches and nectarines on sale so will be picking up some tomorrow after we get settled in our new temporary digs.

2 comments:

  1. yum! your eats today look colorful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer fruit is the best! I cannot keep peaches/nectarines in stock around here cuz the kids eat them so fast...not that I'm complaining. Your blackberries look divine!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!