Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Short Resistance Workout Today and a Lemon LARABAR Review

I am still somewhat under the weather so no running for me yet, but I am feeling well enough to do a bit of strength training today.  Don't want to let the lethargy set too far in!

Using 8 lb. dumbells - 2 sets X 10 each:
  • bicep curls
  • tricep kickbacks
  • lateral raises
  • overhead presses
  • delt raises
  • upright rows
And then 10 each leg:
  • standing abductors
  • standing adductors
This afternoon The Captain and I shared another LARABAR with our coffee.... the Lemon Bar. 





It is noticeably paler in color than the other bars I have tried - all the delicious cashew and almond bits I think.  And it was tasty!  A distinct lemon flavor which goes very nicely with the date base and the nuts.  I am seriously crazy for nuts and this bar has lots of them, and is very chewy.  Loved it.

The only ingredients are: dates, cashews, almonds, lemon juice concentrate, natural lemon flavor
Calories 220, Protein 6g; Carbohydrates 28g; Fat 11g; Fibre 3g.

If you would like to try a Lemon Bar yourself, enter my LARABAR giveaway HERE.

I was given these LARABARS to review, but the opinions are 100% my own.

Do you do resistance workouts?

Do you think that doing a bit is better than none at all?

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely believe that doing a little is better than none at all. Losing the "all or nothing" mentality is a huge accomplishment -- good for you for strength training today, even though you're not 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm lemon bars are always a hit or miss, this one sounds like it is most definitely a hit :)

    That weights workout sounds very similar to what I do for upper body work...quick, simple, effective, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like lemon. This one will definitely be on my list for my next shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!