Monday, November 28, 2011

Another Running Challenge.... and My Monday Run

Who is up for another running challenge?  If I am, then I know you must be, too!  I would love it if you would join me and the others who have already signed up for this fun event.  Come on, I dare ya!

The Running Mom is having a Winter 100 Challenge that begins on December 1st.

All you need to do is run 100 miles between December 1st and February 29th, keep a log of your mileage, and then send it to The Running Mom when you are done.

All of those running miles we are racking up for The HBBC might as well do double duty and count toward the Winter 100 Challenge, as well.  And if you need more motivation, I have it on good authority that there are some wonderful prizes involved, too.

For details check out Kristen's  Winter 100 Challenge post

I was so happy to wake up to a blue sky this morning.  After not doing much at all in the way of exercise on Sunday, I was chomping at the bit to get out and get moving in the sunshine today.  Even The Captain was ready for some action... so I packed us a bottle of water and put some CLIF SHOT BLOKS in my pocket, laced up my running shoes and off we went.

I love running near the water on a clear, windless, sunny and blue day.  There are so many happy people out and about and it is fun to greet everyone along the way.  That is such a nice benefit of living in a small town.  People are just friendly and seem happy to be out and about and alive!

We took it pretty slow... no walk breaks at all.  Just a leisurely, chatty, fun run in the morning sunshine.  And then, to extend it all a little longer and get some additional time on the feet, I took us home via a different route today, along a trail the runs adjacent to the highway... all in all it was 9.55 km.  (That works out to 5.97 miles.  1 km = 5/8 mile, right?)

We drank the water, and ate the BLOKS and arrived back at the marina just before noon.  A good looooong stretch for me today as my left hip socket was a little angry by the time we were done running.  I stretched for a full 10 minutes and loved every second of it.

W2 R79 W3
stretch 10 minutes

Chocolate milk and bananas whizzed in the blender were the reward for our run today.  Mmmmm.  Have you tried that yet?

5 comments:

  1. Chocolate milk and bananas sound like a yummy combination! I love chocolate milk post-run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know of this challenge. I've signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm, sounds like a delicious post-run treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm. Chocolate-Banana smoothies sound like the perfect post-workout drink!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mm you just made me want a smoothie for a snack, at work though so no dice :/

    I am thinking I will go check out the 100 mile challenge and give it a go! I need some motivation these days!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!