Sunday, November 13, 2011

My Weekly Workout Recap

Thank you so much, to everyone who left me comments on my last post.  I am so thankful, and motivated, by all the great advice and kindness you have shown by taking the time to read the post and offer your words of wisdom, and especially encouragement.  I am humbled and amazed at how wonderful and supportive you all have been to me.

I almost hated to publish another post after that one!

But, I made a commitment to do a post at the end of each week in November to publicly recap my workouts - I really think it keeps me more honest and working a bit harder toward my goals when I go public with plans and results.

Sunday
  • walk 3 miles
Monday
  • Pilates - 10 minutes
  • upper body routine w/8 lb dumbbells
    • 6 exercises, 2 sets of 10 reps each
  • standing abductors 20 per leg
  • standing adductors 10 per leg
  • squats 20
  • rear lunges 10 per leg
Tuesday
  • run 4.85 km
Wednesday
  • walk 5 miles
  • walkupper body routine w/8 lb dumbbells
    • 6 exercises, 2 sets of 10 reps each
  • standing abcuctors 20 per leg
  • standing adductors 10 per leg
  • squats 20
  • rear lunges 10 per leg
Thursday
  • walk 4 miles
Friday
  • walk 5 miles
Saturday
  • nil, zip, nada
Not quite as much as I had written in my goals, but happy to have gotten the dumbbells out again and run at least once.  I wanted to run Saturday, but it poured buckets all day and it would have not been one bit enjoyable.

Weather permitting, I would like to run at least twice this next week, and plan to get out a Pilates DVD so that I spend more time with that.... oh yeah, and pick up those dumbbells more often, too.

Did you have a good week, fitness-wise?

Are you setting workout goals?

And on a  completely different note, on Thursday evening I ventured out to a WW meeting and without my sunglasses!  First time I had ventured out in public without them since my surgery - 3 weeks to the day.  There is still a bit of bruising under my eye but I am happy to report that I no longer look like I was on the losing end of a boxing match!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're recovering well! And getting plenty of running and walking in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your workouts for the week! My week went better than expected due to getting off work early one day and sneaking in an extra run :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I set workout goals but tend to never follow them..mainly when it comes to lifting weights. I always get my cardio in for the day but really slack off when it comes to the lifting portion of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome workout week! You have the greatest strength workouts......as long as you don't mind, I would like to keep using them. I seem to never know what to do on my own.

    I had a pretty good week workout wise too. I will post my recap tomorrow as usual. I got back-to
    back long(ish) runs in this weekend which was tough, but it is the only way to get ready for Goofy.

    Great work this week....you got some major miles in! Here's to a wonderful week as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm trying to workout in the mornings... so glad you had a good week and that your eyes are healing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fitness week! My week was spent recovering from surgery so not so great on the fitness. This week I'm back and with new goals. I have limitations for 1 week of no running and no more than 10# weights but that's better than not working out at all!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a great week of workouts :) AWESOME JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for venturing out without the sunglasses on...for the first time in 3 weeks. You're healing up great!

    Annnd thanks for the congrats on my marathon, I appreciate your support :) After you conquer the half marathon next year, perhaps you'll wander over to the full marathon too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very good training week.
    Good luck for your half, you have plenty of time for an appropiate plan. Take it easy and enjoy your workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!