Saturday, September 22, 2012

And Suddenly it's Fall

The past several months have slipped right past me and I feel like I haven't really participated.

I certainly have been busy enough. We moved from the sailboat into an apartment... painting, shopping for furniture and household goods, setting up/putting away, decorating, hanging pictures. We have visited both our sisters in two different cities.  We finished training for and running, our first half marathon.  And we have spent a great deal of time cleaning the boat, literally from top to bottom, inside and out.

Here and then we have done some running, lots of swimming and walking, and a bit of golfing.

Yesterday, for the first time in several weeks, I spent 15 minutes with my kettlebell and realized how much I have missed my 'workouts'.  I am more than ready to start dedicating more of my time to exercise!

 
Today is the 1st day of Fall, so I have set up a little challenge for myself to get back on track.  I have decided to run it 6 weeks through Saturday, November 3rd.
 
Each week of the next 6, I plan to get in:
  • 2 runs
  • 3 strength workouts/including some core work
  • 2 activities just for fun - swim/golf/walk/yoga, etc.
I will reassess as it goes.  My main goal is to get back into making fitness a priority again.  I have also recommitted to my healthy food plan and am doing a challenge with my online Weight Watchers friends in that regard.
 
Do you ever get off track and feel the need to get a fresh start?


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great plan. I have gotten off track plenty of times and needed to start fresh again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely understand how that can happen! I cut out strength training since during the marathon it didn't sound wise. I plan to work it back in when its over but I miss it! I do core work on Sundays but one day a week is not enough! Hoep that helps you get your groove back - you'll do great - I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just for fun activities sometimes wind up being more of a workout than you'd expect. Love the plan! And, yes, sometimes I get off track and need to get back on track. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely get off track. But with a motivation and a goal, I'm right back at it again. And of course, incorporating fun and different workouts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you have a great plan for the coming weeks. I'm sure you will be very successful.

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!