Saturday, September 1, 2012

Saturday Scramble

It's been an exciting and busy week for me.  All kinds of things going on here and at times I have felt like I am running just to keep up! 

We are going away for a week today so I wanted to get some posts ready for my food blog to auto-publish while we are gone... a labor of love but always very time intensive.

I did get in some swimming, lots of walking, some pushups and planks, and had a great run Thursday.  Not sure why but it just felt easy and I bounced along at my normal pace, thoroughly enjoying myself.  The mornings are a little cooler lately so perhaps that is the difference.  At any rate, I will take it!

And on Thursday afternoon, the most wonderful thing happened!  The mailman brought me a package from handful... and I nearly knocked him over with excitement, poor guy, when I saw the label on the box.  I had been waiting for this parcel to come... and could hardly wait to rip into it!

If you want a peek inside, take a look at this fun little video they put together to promote their 2 new garments...  Make sure to turn up the sound!




Thursday night I woke up a couple of times with leg cramps... I think I was a bit dehyrated.  Both times I took my Ben Gay Zero Degrees (read my review) and ran the icy cold gel over the affected area on my shin, and calf, and within seconds got welcome relief that allowed me to go back to bed and to sleep.  I love using this product at night because it doesn't stain my clothing or my sheets and the smell disappears within minutes.  Have you tried it yet? 
 


I have been trying to use up some of the fresh fruit and veggies that we still have in the fridge, before we leave... If were on the boat, I would just wrap them up and offer them to one of our neighbors at the marina but in an apartment, I am sure the neighbors would just think that was weird. 

So, Friday morning I added about half a cup of grated zucchini to my Hot Ground Flax 'Cereal' Bowl and I made some Carrot Cake oasts for The Captain.  I hate wasting good food!  We both really enjoyed our breakfasts.

Hot Ground Flax 'Cereal' Bowl with Zucchini added.
 




So, I got a much needed haircut, added a bit of new color!  and am packing my suitcase with goodies to take along, leaving a bit of room for clothing.  A few more errands this morning and we will be ready to go.

See ya next week!

9 comments:

  1. I love the new handfuls! I want them in every color and style! I found I had to size down in the tank, just curious what your experience with it was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great week! Hope the packing goes well (I am officially no good at choosing what to pack)! See you when you get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you being a Handful Ambassador!!! I cannot wait to get some. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and The Captain have a fantastic trip - I can't wait to hear about it! That oatmeal looks delicious. I think I want to make that for my dad. He loves carrot cake and oatmeal so it would be perfect.

    Safe travels and enjoy your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay about the new bra! Have a great time on vacay!! Can't wait to hear all about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sent me some of the Ben Gay to sample a while ago - thanks for reminding me to use it! My knees are milling me today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! My Handfuls haven't arrived yet. I hope they didn't get lost in the mail :( Have a great trip, Elle!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!