Sunday, September 9, 2012

Happy to be Home

I love going to visit my older sister and her husband... we always have lots of giggles together and we love exploring new places together, and visiting old favorite haunts as well.  My sister is honestly the nicest person in the whole world and also the most patient.  I always say that when they were passing out patience, she got too much and there was none left for me!

We visited a couple of new-to-me markets and I always enjoy that.  I came home with some new gluten-free baking mixes and ingredients, a couple of new dresses (not much call for dresses on a sailboat) and a lovely soft shawl.  It's fun buying girly clothing again.

This past week I walked many miles and many hours! I also got in some pushups and strength training, but no running at all. I am looking forward to getting out there and pounding out some miles this week to make up for it.

So, I am back at home, and re-aclimatizing to this more humid air (that is easy) and a quieter household.  I think I will go phone my sister and see if she misses me yet...

I will share a photo that The Captain took out of the plane window... it is Mount Baker in Washington State.  We see it almost every day from out marina town and from there it looks like a sold white peak.  Lovely.



11 comments:

  1. Yay, glad you had such a great time:) love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture your man took of Mount Baker is so beautiful!! The weather here has been unbelievable! Seeing Mount Baker to the North and Mount Rainier to the South has been absolutely breathtaking -- Seattle has definitely captured my heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture your man took of Mount Baker is so beautiful!! The weather here has been unbelievable! Seeing Mount Baker to the North and Mount Rainier to the South has been absolutely breathtaking -- Seattle has definitely captured my heart:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a wonderful time with your sister, sisters are the best. I am so lucky to live so close to one of mine. and sounds like you had fun shopping! Beautiful photo of Mount Ranier!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great you have such a wonderful time with your sister! I am loving your header - are those Altras w/ SPA laces???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also a Weight Watcher and truly believe that it is a lifestyle change. I think your sister will enjoy the program and the flexibility it gives. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful picture! i miss the mountains so much! i am so glad you enjoyed wonderful time with your sister! time with family is absolutely so precious! hope you have a good week Elle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mt Baker looks great! I have hiked it in the summer and it always amazes me how beautiful (and snowy) that it is! I am glad you had fun with your family in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome that your sister signed up for WW. I wholeheartedly agree that it is a lifestyle change and NOT a diet. It is a wonderful program and has worked well for so many people!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you had a great time, Elle! That photo doesn't even look real!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an amazing photo of Mount Baker! Glad you guys had a wonderful time with your sister!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!