Sunday, May 26, 2013

Best Body Boot Camp.. this Round is done

Today is the last day of this round of Best Body Boot Camp.

I saved the last strength/resistance workout for today.  All right, I should be honest and say I just didn’t feel like doing it on Saturday… after my birthday celebration on Friday night!  And I really wanted to give it my all because it is a very hard routine that included 125 burpees, and I wanted to make sure to give it my best effort. 

I really have to repeat that.
 
I just did 125 burpees


I have thoroughly enjoyed this round of Best Body Boot Camp.  You may recall that I won a free entry in a flash giveway that Tina Reale, Best Body Boot Camp creator, hosted just before it began.  I decided to give it my best attention, and really work hard at it; to  take full advantage of the opportunity I had been given, in order to reap the most rewards.

And I am so happy that I followed through on that.  I am stronger, I have more endurance, and more visible muscle and I am thrilled with that result.

And I did 125 burpees

And I didn’t hate it!  That is amazing to me.

I have been getting up in the morning, eager to do my workout before breakfast.  That has never happened to me before… EVER.  I love the variety of the routines, and the challenge of learning new exercises.

My attitude toward strength/resistance training has completely turned around.  I used to do it begrudgingly, because I knew I HAD to do it… now I love to do it…. love the results that I am seeing which motivates me to want to do more.  I am now having a hard time getting excited about doing cardio and running.  Who is this person that has taken over my body?

So, I signed up for the next round, which begins on June 17th… and in the mean time… I am on the lookout for some workouts to keep me engaged and working hard at maintaining the gains I made.  I don’t intend to lose any ground.

Are you going to Boot Camp?

7 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday! I'm glad you have found a way to make strength training fun. Cardio has always been what's difficult for me but when I get in the one I love it and push much harder than I would without the "zone".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the birthday wishes! I always found cardio easier but loving the newfound interest in strength training. Yup, Tina makes it fun!

      Delete
  2. You just did 125 burpees. WOO!

    I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I love hearing how far you've come in loving strength workouts. They really can be fun if you mix it up. One of my biggest goals with BBB and it makes me so happy that you felt that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Tina. I am so glad for the opportunity to take part and really looking forward to the next round!

      Delete
  3. I am so torn about signing up! I really want to... but am worried that I won't be able to fit in the things I LOVE to do, teach my fitness classes, AND do bootcamp. I might have to wait for the fall session...

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOAH1 125 burpees! Amazing! You totally rock! I am going to try to do 20 a day this week. :) You gotta start somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I SO LOVE that you found something you love!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!