Thursday, September 12, 2013

Clean Eats –> Great Sleep = Tons of Energy

How CAN it be Thursday already?  I just looked and I haven’t published a post since  Monday … the week has just flown by and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.  It started with an arms/core workout and a walk to the tennis court... an hour of running after balls there, and a walk home.

On Tuesday morning we usually go for a run, but headed to the golf course instead.  I walk and carry my clubs too, so it is a bit of a workout, albeit a very fun and enjoyable one.  I did score one Birdie, too, on a par 3 hole.

I guess golf is more of a PLAYout really.    Then we ate the picnic lunch I packed before we spent some time on the putting green in practice and a few games, too.  I came home quite tired but happy. It was such a beautiful day and with all the kids back in school, and on a weekday morning, we practically had the course to ourselves.  Gotta love that!

Wednesday morning  found us heading out for a run before breakfast. We did a fairly speedy little 5 km around the neighborhood… then ate and went for a walk to the village centre to buy some groceries.  After putting them away we changed into our swimsuits and headed out to the pool. I put in about 15 minutes of real swimming  before some play and splash time. 

I was ravenous for my lunch… and spent the afternoon doing some paperwork and getting ready to head to a 2 hour staff gathering in the evening.  There were lots of people there that I hadn't met before I came home quite energized and it was quite late before I was able to relax enough to turn in for the  night.

This morning we went for a half hour walk along the Strait before The Captain cooked me breakfast and I got ready for work.  Right now I am home, between meetings… will be heading out again for a second shift in a bout an hour that will last till about 7 p.m.

I keep expecting to CRASH… for all the activity to catch up with me…  but I seem to have boundless energy and I have been thinking about why.  What is the reason for it?

And I have come to the conclusion it is because I have been eating so clean lately… and watching my portion sizes.  No snacking here and there, just real meals.  And lots and lots of water.

When I don’t eat grains, or dairy (other than whey protein powder) or added sugars, or drink alcohol, I sleep like a LOG.  And I am sure that the clean eats and the fabulous restful and restorative sleep that I have been getting, is giving me all the pep.

And I have to say I am feeling great… guess I should keep it up for a while!

I am still working through Chalene Johnson’s PUSH book, and today am looking at SUCCESSORIZING for weight loss.  I have lots of opinions about this topic…  perhaps I will  write about it soon.

Aug 31 PUSH pics 014

Do you think your diet has an impact on the quality of your sleep?

Do you think your diets has a direct affect on your energy level?

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely! When I drink alcohol, eat sugar and drink too much coffee my energy levels plummet. And I sleep terribly!
    I've just started tracking my sleep and am trying to link it to lifestyle factor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear you are feeling so great! Your week sounds like a lot of fun. For some reason it feels like Friday already for me. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling good:) I definitely think what we eat affects our sleep and energy. Still trying to find the right mix for energy, but I am doing better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that you have been enjoying! Yes, I do think food can effect sleep along with stress & other things.. like hormones! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!