Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fat-Free Friends and Nice Surprises

One of the reasons I love blogging so much is that it enables me to connect with other people who are interested in eating well, having fun through fitness, and sharing their experiences…  LIVING WELL, is what I like to call it.

Aug 31 PUSH pics 026

Like Chalene Johnson says in her PUSH Challenge…  Find yourself some Fat-Free Friends.  

And I have found so very many of them through blogging, and also through my association with FitFluential as well.

One of those people is Margo Donahue who writes Brooklyn Fit Chick.
 
Yesterday The Captain brought the mail to me and there was a nice big puffy envelope from Margo – what a lovely surprise… one of her cute, bright pink tee shirts, and a copy of GI JAYNE’s Kickboxing Workout.  I was very happily surprised, and quite giddy with excitement because I have been wanting to try this particular workout!  And who doesn't love a nice bright pink tee?

Sept 23 tee and DVD from BFChick 003


Sept 23 tee and DVD from BFChick 001


This morning, the water in our building is going to be turned off at 8:30 a.m., and will likely not be turned back on until around 4:00 p.m…. so to make sure I got my shower in before then, I got up at 6:30., drank a couple of sips of coffee, ate one of my Frozen Protein ‘Bites’, and put that DVD into the player.


Aug 20 frozen protein bites 2 002

It is a half hour of sweaty kicks, jumps, punches and squats with lots of core work involved.  I loved every second of it and will definitely add it to my routine.  It’s not a glitzy production – I took a screen shot so you could see what the set looks like… it is not fancy, but it is well done and is a worthwhile, fun, sweaty workout.


Sept 23 tee and DVD from BFChick 004

So now I am finishing my cool down with the rest of my coffee and then it will be time to hit that shower!

What was your best surprise lately?

Are you a kickboxing fan?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun day so far! Very cute shirt. I went to kickboxing class once. Fun, but not my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Margo!!! Such a cute top too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to consider myself a fat free friend. I think this is why people like to hang out with me. I am always super peppy. I rarely have a bad day! :) I attribute this to eating healthfully, exercising daily, sleeping a lot and keeping myself busy with things that make me feel important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im hoping my best surprise lately is yet to come :-)
    HOPING HOPING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's good to surround yourself around people who are like-minded.
    My biggest surprise had to been when my girls were born - we didn't know what we were expecting and both times it was such a great surprise. Not many people wait these days to find out if it's a boy or girl.
    I like kickboxing, i'm just not that good at it :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!