Thursday, October 24, 2013

#onesmallchange Positive Encounters

Yes, we got back on Wednesday afternoon from our little jaunt to WA state and I will tell ya all about that, but today I want to link up to Marcia’s '#onesmallchange post for this week.

If you aren’t in the know, Marcia has started a LAST QUARTER challenge to help us ensure we meet some of our goals by the end of the year.  She asks that you make a commitment each week to make #onesmallchange and then build on them, week by week.

My list so far:
  1. No eats after 8 p.m.
  2. Drink 64 ounces water
  3. Take supplements
and I am doing pretty well… even with the disruptions that travelling recently brought, I did manage to get my supplements in each day… and fell flat on my face with the snacks and the water one day.  But, hey, 1 out of 7 is not a huge fail, in my books.

This week I have decided to change things up a little. I love an idea I saw on a Facebook post this morning about being nicer to the women in our lives; to compliment them, and uplift them, rather than being competitive or judgmental.  And it really struck a chord with me.  Women can be so mean to each other.  I don’t see much of this in my personal life, thank Goodness, but I do run into it occasionally at work, and I see it on social media.

So, my #onesmallchange this week is going to be to MAKE SURE I go out of my way to be especially kind to AT LEAST one woman every day.  Looking back over my week, I realize I have already been doing this when shopping recently, and also when interacting with the attendants at the long term care facility where we visited our friend in Port Townsend, WA.   

We never really know how our comments or actions impact other people, and I always want to leave others with a positive impression, and a good feeling for having had an encounter with me. 

It doesn't cost anything to be nice.  It makes you feel good. It makes the other person feel good.  And my Momma always said 'you catch a lot more flies with honey than with vinegar'.  She was right.

And on another note, here is the view out my window this morning... so nice to be home!


Oct 24 heron 001


How about you?  Are you kind and supportive of the women you interact with each day?

5 comments:

  1. I love this one! When I worked a corporate job, women were SO mean. I am SO happy to be out of that toxic environment. My mom says that same line about flies and honey. So true. I try to live by the golden rule.
    Gorgeous pic! Makes me wanna visit! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to be out of that rat race, too. Would love to see you here!

      Delete
  2. Love your view! I hope I am kind and supportive to the women around me, I try to be:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you having any of this fog lately or are you far enough away from the water? I just KNOW you are kind and supportive!

      Delete
  3. WOHOOOOO For this whole idea because it is exactly what I believe in!! The no eating after 8PM is actually one that I want to get back to as well. Right now I'm going to be stress free until after NYC then that's my first change!

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!