Saturday, May 21, 2011

May Goal Reached

I woke up this morning eager to start the day.

It was good that my breakfast egg and my disposition were sunny-side up, cause that was the only sun we saw all day.


The Captain made lovely pancakes and eggs for our breakfast while I mapped out out a 6 km run. There was a very light drizzly rain falling, so The Captain wanted to put off the run till tomorrow but I insisted that I was going anway, so he agreed to come along, if I would wear a cap.

Yuk.

I don't like caps at the best of times.  On anyone, really.  And certainly not on me as I have a round face and short hair and I look awful in one.  But, I agreed.

We set an easy pace and I loped along quite happily.  After the first km, the mist let up and I took off my jacket and tied it around my waist.  I also took off the cap and carried it the rest of the way.  At one point I directed us to a right hand turn instead of left, and we ended up running 6.25 km overall, instead of just 6.0. 

W2 R48 @9/1 W3

But that means I have completed my May goal of running 31 km this month, and all the rest will be bonus.  Hurray!

So, what is the best part about running in the rain?  Well, it would be a tossup between  the strawberry and banana smoothies I made us after we stretched and I did 10 pushups, and the hot shower that followed.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on meeting your goal! that is awesome!

    and it really is a toss-up...today I could not decide if I wanted a smoothie or shower first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job meeting your goal for May...and you still have a week left!
    I would have the smoothie first, it looks delicious!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it when you leave me a comment!